At this time of year, most people don’t have a lot of extra time to spruce of their house for the holidays.Â Below is a quick tip to help get into the holiday spirit without spending a lot of time or money.Â Â The Â idea listed belowÂ is very easy, low in cost, andÂ takes minimal effort to create aÂ ChristmasÂ atmosphere to your home.
Decorate Everything With Bows
- Tie generous ribbons to chair backs, candlesticks, picks in plants, wreaths, garlands, basket handles, drapery tie-backs, stair railings, and doorknobs.
- Bows look festive and the ribbons you choose should tie together with the rest of your decorating. Choose ribbons in colors and patterns that coordinate with your decorating scheme.
- You don’t have to stick with red and green. Choose plaids or florals that tie in. If you can’t find anything that looks quite right, then choose metallic silver, gold, green, or red.
- Choose a ribbon that you can untie and re-tie each year. This will save money in the long run, and you’ll end up with a good collection.
- When the holidays are over, untie the ribbons and press them lightly. The bows won’t get crushed and the ribbons will be ready when you want to take them out the next year.