Furnishing your home can be an exciting task. But buying furniture can be expensive and most pieces, if properly constructed, will last for many years. You want to choose wisely for your investment. You want to select pieces that fit your lifestyle and reflect your sense of style. Below are tips to help you achieve this.
1. Know what you want — What style best fits with the rest of your home? Do you need a sleeper sofa to accomodate overnight guests? Also, important to consider, is do you need durable fabrics and soft edges for a kid-friendly home?
2. Be prepared — Carefully measure the dimensions of the room you want to furnish. Keep in mind window placement, doors and other architectural features of the room.
3. Determine your budget — Knowing what you can afford before you hit the stores will give you a much better idea of what and where you should be looking to purchase your new items.
4. Try it out — Why buy a beautiful sofa that looks great in your living room but is so uncomfortable that it never gets used? Make sure you like both the look and the feel of an item you are considering buying.
5. Talk to a salesperson — A knowledgeable salesperson should be able to answer any questions you may have, offer options you may not have considered and show you pieces that fit both your needs and your budget. Beware of anyone who pressures you to buy before you’re ready. If you find an upholstered piece that you like, ask for a fabric sample to take home to see how it fits with the rest of your decor.