Â Do you have twin beds in one room? You can custom design these headboards with fabric to suit individual tastes and spruce up the room. All you need is fabric, measuring tape and a staple gun.
Here’s how you do it:
1. Lay your fabric out on the floor with the front facing down and lay the headboard on top of it, also face down.
2. Trim the fabric so that it extends 10-12 inches beyond the headboard on all sides.
3. Starting at the middle of the top edge, pull the fabric over to the back of the headboard and staple down using your staple gun. Repeat at the middle of the bottom edge, pulling fabric so it’s taut but not stretched.
4. Do the same for the side edges, stapling the fabric at the center point.
5. Working out from the center toward the corners, staple the fabric to the back of the headboard every 6-8 inches along all four sides.
6. At the corners, fold the fabric as though you are wrapping a present, then staple down creating one folded seam at each corner of the headboard.