Choosing the right bathroom hardware can be a challenge. Staring at walls of options can leave you wondering just which style is right for you. Here are some tips to consider to help you narrow down your choices.
- Some of the materials used for hardware include nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, tile, granite, marble porcelain, brass, plastic and crystal.
- When choosing hardware, make sure its style is consistent with cabinetry and decor style.
- Contemporary decor suggests sleek, smooth shapes, metals and satin finishes.
- Asian design emphasizes nature, so knobs shaped like leaves and twigs would be appropriate.
- For the arts-and-crafts design scheme, hardware is often dark metal in a square shape.
- Glass knobs add a sparkling finishing touch. They can be clear or frosted, smooth or faceted.
- Traditional baths call for traditional brass hardware in a variety of finishes: polished, satin, antiqued, oil-rubbed.
- Because they are more substantial, pulls are well-suited for drawers. Knobs are best for lighter doors and cabinets.