Choosing the right bathroom hardware can be a challenge. Staring at walls of options can leave you wondering just which style is right for you. Here are some tips to consider to help you narrow down your bathroom hardware choices.
- Some of the materials used for hardware include nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, tile, granite, marble porcelain, brass, plastic and crystal.
- When choosing hardware, make sure its style is consistent with cabinetry and decor style.
- Contemporary decor suggests sleek, smooth shapes, metals and satin finishes.
- Asian design emphasizes nature, so knobs shaped like leaves and twigs would be appropriate.
- For the arts-and-crafts design scheme, hardware is often dark metal in a square shape.
- Glass knobs add a sparkling finishing touch. They can be clear or frosted, smooth or faceted.
- Traditional baths call for traditional brass hardware in a variety of finishes: polished, satin, antiqued, oil-rubbed.
- Because they are more substantial, pulls are well-suited for drawers. Knobs are best for lighter doors and cabinets.